2007年2月25日星期日

Vivian Leigh


Narrator: Vivian Leigh was British but she was born in India. She is most famous for her portrayal of Scarlett O' Hara in Gone With the Wind and also for her lead female role in A Streetcar Named Desire with Marlon Brando. Here she receives her Academy Award as Best Actress for her role in Gone With the Wind. She also gives credit to the famous film director producer, David O. Selznick.


"Ladies and Gentlemen, please forgive me if my words are inadequate in thanking you for your very great kindness. If I were to mention all those who have shown me such wonderful generosity through Gone With the Wind, I should have to entertain you with an oration as long as Gone With the Wind itself. So, if I may, I should like to devote my thanks on this occasion to that conversant figure of energy, courage and very great kindness in whom all points of Gone With the Wind meet, Mr. David Selznick."
2002 by CE. Inc

没有评论: