2007年2月26日星期一

Diana


Narrator: Diana, married into the British Royal Family. Because she did not herself come from a royal family she could never have become a Queen, but she was made a princess. Her own family was wealthy and she had always had a lush life. Her flamboyant lifestyle after her marriage to the Prince created a lot of ill will among the more conservative members of the Royal Family, especially the Queen and her mother, the previous Queen. Many of the British public, especially the younger people supported her and believed that her way of living was more in keeping with modern times. Her indiscreet love affairs were widely publicized in the British press. She divorced the Prince and became even more active and visible. She was killed in a car accident in Paris, France.

"When I started my public life 12 years ago, I understood the media might be interested in what I did. I realized then their attention would inevitably focus on both our private and public lives. But I was not aware of how overwhelming that attention would become, nor the extent to which it would affect both my public duties and my personal life. In a manner that's been hard to bear. Obviously I attach great importance to my charity work, and I intend to focus on a smaller range of areas in the future. Over the next few months I will be seeking a more suitable way of combining a meaningful public role with hopefully a more private life."
2002 by CE, Inc.




没有评论: